EFORMASPX Workflow Application
The EFORMASPX workflow application lets you display and fill out the different fields of your electronic forms through a web form. A web form is the ASP.NET equivalent of an MS Windows form and has similar programming characteristics.
An XML file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
You can pre-populate web form fields by specifying which values are to populate which form fields. This is done by providing the field name to an action parameter as an IN or INOUT parameter and then sending the value of a freeform text, a WorkflowGen macro, or a process data.
- Rule: Display the requester’s name in the web form field called
REQ_NAMEwhen the form loads.
- Method: Associate the form field name with the
You can store the various web form field values in the process data by specifying which field values are to be stored to which process data. This is done by providing a field name to an action parameter as an OUT (or INOUT) parameter and by retrieving that field value to a specified process data.
- Process data can only be used to store one and only one field value per action.
- As of WorkflowGen version 7.15.0, TEXT process data no longer have a 4000-character limit for MS SQL Server database.
- Rule: Retrieve the Manager's answer/decision in process data called
- Method: Associate the form field name with pre-defined process data
You can control the required, read-only, and hidden ASPX form field properties through the action parameters without developing any .NET code. The value of the parameter has to be set to a list of fields to set (or not) separated by a comma or a semicolon. This list supports the generic wildcard character
*(asterisk) and the exclusion character
^(caret). A standardized field naming convention makes it easy to set the various field properties per action.
- Rule: The fields
FORM_FIELDS_REQUIRED = EMP_NAME, EMP_DATE
- Rule: All the fields are set to read-only except the fields with a name that begins with
FORM_FIELDS_READONLY = *, ^EMP_*
- Rule: All the fields are set to visible except the
DATEfield and the fields with a name that begins with
SUP_and ends with
FORM_FIELDS_HIDDEN = ^*, DATE, SUP_*_APP
This is a way to have a static copy of the form, so that the copy can be viewed, printed, or sent by email without having to create any additional web form code.
FORM_ARCHIVE: HTML static copy of the ASP.NET form (OUT)
The value of the filename has to be set in the initial XML file:
As well, the dataset must have a field named
WorkflowGen handles this, so no extra work by the process or form designers is needed.
When the web form is submitted by the end-user, the EFORMASPX application will create a static copy of the form and store it within the WorkflowGen directory. WorkflowGen will then be able to link this static copy to the
The only things that the process designer needs to do are:
- 1.Create a process data to store the static form (generated by WorkflowGen).
- 2.Associate it to the