Comment on page
Remote Approval is now an integrated feature in WorkflowGen, and is no longer a separate module.
If you have the former Remote Approval module configured, you can keep using it, but if you want to migrate to the new integrated feature, you must perform the following steps.
- 1.Uninstall the Remote Approval module (it is recommended that you make a backup of all previous Remote Approval files and folders):
- 1.Open the Windows Services list and stop the Remote Approval service, usually named
- 2.Delete the
DRIVE:\Program Files (x86)\Advantys\WorkflowGen\RemApp\folder.
- 3.Delete the
\wfgen\App_Data\CustomMenus\admin.xml, remove the Remote Approval
menuItemnode (you can delete the file entirely if it contains only this node).
- 3.Check Activate on the Remote Approval tab in the Administration Module Configuration Panel.
- Verify your Remote Approval settings, which should be the same as in the former module, since they are inherited with the WorkflowGen upgrade.
- Remote Approval no longer requires WorkflowGen application-specific credentials, since it now uses the WorkflowGen Engine service.
- Whenever you change the Remote Approval refresh interval, you must restart the WorkflowGen Engine service for the new settings to take effect.
- Optional: Remove the following
web.configsettings, which are no longer used as of WorkflowGen 7.3.0 (you should make a backup of the existing
RemoteApprovalWorkflowGenAppDomain RemoteApprovalEmailListenerServiceName RemoteApprovalWorkflowGenAppUsername RemoteApprovalWorkflowGenAppPassword****
The following workflow applications have been integrated as built-in or assembly applications. The corresponding web applications can be disabled and removed in IIS and file system folders since they are no longer used.