Structure, Sections & Fields
- The header contains a title, a label, and an optional image.
- The title can be used to display the process name. Its text can be edited directly in the form.
- The label is used to display the current request number. Its default identifier is
CURRENT_REQUESTand can be referenced in an action parameter to receive the
- The image is used to display a logo. It can be resized or realigned.
- A fixed width and height can be set for the header in the form configuration window.
- The section has a title to display the section name. Its text can be edited directly on the form.
- It can have one or several fields.
- Each section must have a unique identifier.
- Sections can only be aligned vertically and reordered using the mouse drag-and-drop action.
- When inserting a section tool into the form, the new section will be placed in the last position.
- Section width will be resized automatically based on the widest field in the form whenever there is a field width change.
- A fixed width can be set for all sections.
- The section’s settings can be edited by clicking the pencil icon on the right side of the section name.
- The field has a label and an input control.
- The label is used to display the name of the field. Its text can be edited directly on the form. It can be resized and realigned.
- A fixed width can be set for all labels (General / Labels).
- The input control is where a value is captured in the form. It can be resized and realigned.
- Each field must have a unique identifier.
- Fields within the same section are prefixed with the section’s identifier following an underscore character.
- Fields within a section can be reordered vertically using the mouse drag-and-drop action.
- A field can be moved from one section to another section using the mouse drag-and-drop action.
- When inserting a field tool into the form, the new field will be placed in the last position of the selected section or the first section if no section is selected.
- By default, fields are aligned vertically on the same column.
- Two fields can be aligned horizontally on the same row using the Remove line break button (left arrow) on the right side of the first field.
- Two fields can be aligned vertically on the same column using the Line break button (right arrow) on the right side of the first field.
- The field’s settings can be edited edited by clicking the pencil icon on the right side of the field.
- The Save as draft button can be enabled or disabled as well.
- Their identifiers are
- The footer contains a title and an optional image.
- The title can be used to display a note. Its text can be edited directly on the form.
- A fixed width and height can be set for the footer.
Default and custom tools are available in the Tools drop-down list.
This feature allows a form designer to save an existing section or field in the current form as a custom tool template in order to be reused in other forms. First, select a section or field then click the Save a section or field as tool icon on the toolbar (see Toolbar).
To open this window, click the Tools drop-down menu and select Manage custom tools, which allows you to delete custom tools.
These settings apply to Currency, Date, DateTime, Numeric, Password, and TextArea fields.
These settings (except Items) apply to Label, ReadOnlyCurrency, ReadOnlyDate, ReadOnlyDateTime, ReadOnlyNumeric, and ReadOnlyText fields as well.